YouTube Capture App
- If you have an iOS device, the YouTube capture app is one of the easiest ways to capture an upload a video directly to your YouTube channel.
- The first time you upload, you must give the app rights to access your YouTube channel (login and password required.)
- You can trim the beginning or end of a video.
- Give your video a title and set privacy levels before uploading.
- When recording, be sure your camera is rotated to landscape and not portrait mode.
- Uploading to YouTube can take a high amount of bandwidth so uploading using a Wi-Fi connection is recommended.
- You may upload previously recorded movies from from your photo roll.
- You may add videos together to create a video sequence.
- Built-in video editing tools include color
correction and stabilize
- Optional to add music from your iOS device or from tracks provided by YouTube (this can also be done later in YouTube.) Audio levels can be adjusted so the music does not overshadow the audio from the video. Note: do not use music from your device which you copied from a CD or purchased. Your rights do not allow the use in YouTube (where it may be copied.)
- Find YouTube Capture in the iPhone section of the apps store.
- Google currently only has YouTube Capture for iOS devices.
Activity - YouTube Capture App
- This recording works best with a partner where one of you records and the other is the performer in front of the camera.
- Record a 1 - 2 minutes video where you are doing something which includes action. Ideas include: spelling out the alphabet with limbs of your body or bodies, demonstrating something such as how to stand quietly in line, properly wash your hand, or do some type of exercise such as a jumping jack. Remember - this video recording needs action.
- After recording your video - be sure your mobile device is connected to the Internet via Wi-Fi and give it a title, set privacy levels (Public is recommended) and upload the video. You will need to grant YouTube Capture rights to your YouTube channel. Click Soundtrack to add music if desired. Uploading and processing will take a few minutes.
- Return to your computer and visit your YouTube Video Manager screen to check on progress. Note - for those who are impatient, even when it says "Processing" the video may be displayed if you click on the video. If the video does not display, refresh the screen until it is displayed.
Mobile Device Video
- If you do not have YouTube Capture or have some other type of operating system for your mobile device or tablet, you most likely will still have an option to upload directly to YouTube.
- Record a movie (see activity above.) Go into you app to view the video. From within the app, see if you have an option to upload directly to YouTube. On the iOS Photo app, a video may be uploaded not only to YouTube, but also to Vimeo.
- You will need to log into your YouTube channel or give the app rights to send the video to your channel.