Book Creator Free
Book Creator Free is an amazing app which allows anyone to create and share an electronic book with rich multimedia content. Your book can have multiple pages, text, images, movies, and music, narration, or recorded sound. Students can record their voice as they read their story - with a play button on each page. A story can be saved in ePub format - easily shared with others. With Book Creator Free you can create one book that can be saved in ePub format and open in iBooks or shared. If you want, you can delete the content and continue to use the same book and create an entirely new book. However, it's a lot easier If you want to create more than one book to update to the full version of Book Creator ($4.99). It is available through the Apple Volume Purchase Program for $2.49 when purchasing 20 or more. There are other book creation apps - but none I like as well as Book Creator.
Book Creator Tutorials
Learn more at the 21 Things 4 iPads Comic & Book Creation page
- 8 Powerful Apps to Help You Create Book on the iPad - a blog post with some excellent app recommendations ($)
My Story ($)
- My Story - Book Maker for Kids is an early elementary level book making app with a surprising abundance of features and sharing options. It's easy to add one or more photos to a page, and to add pages.
- Useful option to add narration. App's website provides examples and support http://mystoryapp.org
- Missing is an option to type on the screen, as all text must be entered as a drawing and there is a lag when drawing on the screen.
- To access sharing options a "grown-up" must solve a 2 digital math problem.
eBook Magic ($)
- eBook Magic provides a wealth of page layouts, making it easy to add photos and text in exactly the way desired.
- To delete a photo, just drag it off the page.
- Users need to remember when to use two fingers to edit and when to use the resize box to resize a frame.
- Adjust text settings using a box up on the left – with all text in a text box changing.
- Books may be saved for iBooks, as a .pdf or into the photo roll as individual pages.
- They may also be uploaded for printing as real books for an additional cost.
- Limited publishing options - must be published to the StoryKit server in order to share and view online.
- Tip - add words “show link” to book notes and it will give you a URL when you get an email from the site.
- For iPad or iPod Touch/iPhone - must 2x for iPads.